Sunday, January 25, 2009

Let the Chinese New Year Celebrating Begin!


Last night, Mommy, Daddy, Peyton and Tyler (Nolan was out of town at church camp) took me to a way-cool Chinese New Year Celebration. Mommy just found out about it yesterday from her blog-friend, Missy, and they actually got to meet in person at the event. You have to go see beautiful Paige on her blog. After they got to talking, they realized that they have many friends in common, including Amy Lafayette! Anyway, I just loved being a part of all the excitement. Here I am getting all dressed up in my Chinese silk (thank you for my beautiful dress, Tish ;)) and squeekie shoes...and I admit it, I was feeling kinda cute, okay?! I mean, it's about to be Chinese New Year and I was gettin' my party on...








Okay, Okay, y'all think I'm cute, too. Well, I'm ready to get this party started!



When we got there, the first thing I saw were lots of my beautiful Chinese brothers and sisters...





Then, when I got to my table, you will never believe who was there! D.O.R.O.T.H.Y., Elmo's pet goldfish!!!! At my table!! And a couple of Dorothy's friends!! At my table!!





Well, I didn't know how it could get any better than that until I heard drums, and music coming from the back and then I saw the Chinese dragon and lion dancers coming...






This is my new Chinese friend speaking to me in Mandarin and Mom is just prayin' I remember some of it...



And more random fun...









Well, I had a blast! We saw lots of old friends, and made lots of new ones, and I'm feeling like I've got more lo mein, fried rice, and fortune cookies in my near future! Life is gooood!

Wo Ai Ni!!
Macy Li

19 comments:

Missy said...

Macy Li,
It was such a pleasure to meet you last night! You are a beautiful baby girl and I know you bring your mommy, daddy and brothers lots of happiness.

You looked gorgeous in your pink! Hope to see you again!

Missy

Kim said...

Looks like an AMAZING evening..
Love Macy Li's dress and her little hair bow...
Have a great Sunday...

Amy Lafayett said...

Rhonda, I see you met my friend, Missy. Her little sis, Paige, was at the celebration. Missy and I went to high school together. :) Macy Li looks precious in these pictures. And I love the pics of all the kids at the top of the blog. I can't believe how grown up everyone is! Your boys are so handsome and that Macy Li is a doll baby. I miss you all. Would love to see you.

joyof3boys said...

What a beautiful little girl Macy Li ia growing up to be! And her cute brothers aren't bad either. Looks like you all are doing well!

Jodee said...

How fun to meet up with Missy and Paige! Those two sisters know how to have fun!

Macy looks sooo adorable in her pink outfit!

Hope you have a great week!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

She is a living doll! Just precious, and it looks like all of you had such a great time!

Have a great week ahead. May God's richest blessings be yours. :-)

XO,

Sheila

Anonymous said...

How fun! She could not be any cuter!!

Shelly and Family said...

What a great day and beautiful way to celebrate CNY 2009! BTW...love the dress and the shoes!

Jboo said...

What a fun time! Little Macy looks adorable in her pinks! She's such a beautiful baby. How lucky that you got to meet Missy and Paige!

Happy CNY!

Janet

Suzie said...

Happy CNY!!! Looks like a fun night. Macy looks beautiful in her dress :o)

Kim said...

What a fun celebration. Macy Li looks beautiful in her dress! Happy CNY!
Pretty overwhelming to think we will experience the CNY celebration Hong Kong next year!

Jill said...

She looks absolutely stunning!! The belle of the ball! And, you can NEVER go wrong with Missy and Paige! Love the pics!! Looks like you all had a ball! Hope ours is that much fun!!

Laura said...

Looks like you all had a great time and Macy looks adorable in that dress!!! Happy CNY!

Natalie said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Your blog is great and I enjoyed stopping by. Your China doll is especially beautiful. I may have to stop by again.
Natalie

Learnin The Plan said...

Hey i know that I have never left a comment on your blog before.
I have been following your blog for awhile now. I love you and your family.
If you could please check my blog i have gave you an award:)

God Bless,
SARAH CHEYENNE WOODS

Missy said...

Left ya an award! Come by : )

jennifer said...

looks like you had lots of fun. I'm just noticing that we used the same kit for our blogs :) Great, blonde minds think alike!!

Tiffany said...

Loved visiting your blog...I too have three boys and a sweet Chinese miracle!

Anonymous said...

Without a doubt, you guys brought home a treasure from China. You made out like a Bandit!

We love you guys,
Rusty