Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Please Pray...

I want to share Lane Ann Miller's blog with you...Job 42:2 "Lord, I know you can do all things."


She is the wife to Tim Miller, who is the brother of 2 of my girlfriends (one of which is Suzanne...you know Suzanne, who just adopted Josie Love from Uganda...her blog is "Joining The Journey ")


Anyway, I have never met Tim or Lane Ann, until I read every single word from her entire blog tonight, when it was forwarded to me by another friend.  Lane Ann is in the midst of a battle for her life...You must go read their story and pray for these precious people and their four children.  I often wonder how I'd respond if I were to be given such devastating news.  Would I be strong?  Would I fall apart?  Would I walk in that moment-to-moment grace, and hope and faith that He calls me to?  Would I remember that my Foundation is solid and sure?  That my Hope is in Him alone?  That He is always Trustworthy, no matter what comes my way?  No matter what I must sacrifice?  Would I demonstrate God's grace to those watching?  Would my actions point to the Living Hope who is within me?  Would I wallow in self-pity, or be totally surrendered to whatever God had for me?


Well, these people are living every bit of that, and you have to go read for yourself.  And let's cover them in prayer.  I can assure you that this is one family whole-heartedly focused on the Christ of Christmas.


Thank you and bless you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing...will be praying.

Nancy Malone Waynick, M.O.M. said...

Rhonda,
Thank you for sharing Lane Ann's story with your readers. I got to know her my freshman year of college at Belmont and I love her dearly. She is precious and one of the finest people you will ever meet. The more folks that pray for her and her sweet family the better. Her blog written, at first by her, and now by Tim is so moving. I see God every time I read it. Thank you again.
Nancy Waynick

Missy said...

I have found myself praying for Lane Ann on several occassions today. Thank you for sharing her blog so that we can lift her up in prayer. You are a dear!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhonda!
I am so thrilled with the news of your little Maci Li! She is a gift, but so are you, Phillip and your boys right back to her! Believe me, she is TWICE loved! Loved enough by her birth parents to know that there was something better for her somewhere else, and loved enough by your family to take a child they did not know. I can't wait to go back and read your blog from the beginning.

I found your blog after reading your comment to Lane Ann Miller today. She and I have known each other from birth...I mean adoption. Yes, that's right..Lane Ann and I BOTH were adopted! Our parents were couple friends during that time 47 years ago. She is the most precious person, as you can plainly see in her blog. I have been amazed at Tim and her's perception of God and His love through their mountainous struggles.
I hope your family has a joy-filled holiday and and blessed new year!

Renee' Thompson
renee.thompson@secondharvestmidtn.org
(formerly with Micael-Renee')