Saturday, June 13, 2009

"SEE"

I'm reading this book, Wild Goose Chase, by Mark Batterson at the moment. I highly recommend it. As I was reading today, I ran across this quote by Elizabeth Barrett Browning...

"Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
But only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries."

I love this quote because I SO desire to SEE heaven all around me, for the whole earth and everything in it is ablaze with His glory...if only we'd take off our shoes and stop to ponder it.  I also love this because "SEE" is what our little friend, Maria Sue Chapman, wrote on her little paper next to her flower drawing the day she died.  Little did she or any of them know that this verse would become the heart cry for her ministry here on earth after she went to be with Jesus....Oh, that we would take off our shoes.


"Taste and SEE that the Lord is good;
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him."  ~Psalm 34:8


6 comments:

Jill said...

Powerful post Rhonda...
Thank you.
Hugs, Jill

Jill said...

Powerful post Rhonda...
Thank you.
Hugs, Jill

Unknown said...

Rhonda,

I just had such a blessed time getting all caught up on your blog!

Oh you wrote my heart when you shared about Tyler graduating. I can see myself doing the same thing in three years when Lexi goes off to soar on our Father's wings. Writing this almost gets me going.

Your family is GORGEOUS! Now I finally understand why you all have such perfect teeth. Ahhh - a Dad who is a dentist doesn't hurt!

Big hugs and much love to your family!
Jill

Musings from Kim K. said...

Crying here. Thanks for sharing the book and the reminder about Maria Sue Chapman.

Jboo said...

Sweet post -- thanks for sharing!

Janet

Kim said...

Beautiful!