Monday, June 15, 2009

Sweet Home??? Alabama

Home ?!?!  Well, it's about to be for Tyler!  :(  We're here in Birmingham right now for his Freshman Orientation at Samford!  Somebody pinch me!  How can my baby boy be all grown up and headin' off to spread his wings when he was Macy Li's age yesterday?!  

All you young moms out there remember: "The days may be long; but the years are short!"  
No matter how "tired" you think you are, slow down to "SEE" and savor every single minute, for tomorrow you'll be at some University with your "baby" about to push them out of your nest.

Well, we'll update you soon!





Dinner with old and new friends


Here's Tyler with new Samford friends (and a couple of old ones)
after orientation...


Tyler LOVES Samford and his new friends!

7 comments:

Bamawhitney said...

Sweet Home Alabama - Oh how I wish I was home!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

College seems like an eternity away. I'm not even ready to think of this next big step. Enjoy this moment, Rhonda.

Jboo said...

Think I was teary-eyed the whole freshman orientation for my son! It does go fast! Have a good week!

Janet

Kim said...

I sooo know what you mean...It goes by sooo fast..
Thanks for the update.. can't wait to see his new little home.. but his heart will always be at HOME.....
Hugs..
Thinking of you..

Kim said...

What a great reminder on these long, hot days in Hong Kong. We are still waiting for our air shipment and living in a hotel. We have not slept in our own beds since May 25th. I have been wishing time away, desiring to be settled, and simply need to trust He has us here for a purpose.
Thank you for that reminder sweet friend!
Cannot wait to hear all about Samford!
Love & Blessings,
Kim

Kim said...

Glad I checked back. The photos are great. Your "baby" boy is so handsome. I cannot wait to see all the Lord has in store for him in this next season! Praying for you as you enter this new chapter.
Love & Blessings,
Kim

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i still remember the first time I met Tyler ... he was so polite and kind to my boys and i knew he was a good guy ... i know he will do great in college and come home to hug his mama and bring lots of laundry ... hee hee ...

i so appreciate all your support ... we got news on Friday that Maggie has to wait over 5 months before surgery again ... perhaps God is just giving Matty Joseph time to get home and get settled ...

love ya sister ...