Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Macy Li!!!!!!!!!!!!




Beloved Macy Li,

Today, we celebrate your 2nd birthday.  2!  How can it be?!  The fact that it came so fast is a sad reminder that we missed the first 12 1/2 months of your precious little life.  But since that day they placed you in my arms on July 21, 2008, our family has been given a deeper glance into the "Father's love that He so lavishly bestows upon us, that we should be called sons and daughters of God."  The very word "adoption" now has become the most precious word ever uttered, because it is the very essence, the living illustration, of God's heart toward all of us who are His'.  Because of you, Macy Li, we understand that in a much more profoundly deeper way.

This morning as I woke up, my mind immediately traveled to that little rural village on the eastern border of Jiangxi in southern China, where you were born about this time 2 years ago.  I think about the courageous mother who loved you enough to let you go, so that YOU, my dear, could be given a hope and a future.  I pray for her that she finds peace in her heart and somehow knows you are deeply cared for and cherished beyond measure.  I know that she must think of you always.  I know that as these scorching summer days come around each year, that she's mindful of those in 2007 when she had to make that heart-wrenching decision, which  must have broken her heart.  Forever, my heart will break for hers'.  Forever, I'll love her.  Forever, I'll pray for her.  Forever, I'll be indebted to her.  Macy Li, she loved you enough to give you life, and a hope, and a future.

Today, we all feel like we're the most blessed family on the planet because we were given YOU.  We count ourselves PRIVILEGED beyond measure to be chosen as your family! You have completely rocked our world and forever changed our hearts and forever opened our eyes.  You bring so much sunshine, laughter and love into our world, as well as to countless other family members and friends who adore you beyond belief.  We pray that somehow, you feel the depth of all our love.  

Though we long to keep you little, just as you are, we're excited to watch you grow in wisdom, and in stature, and in favor with God and man.  We know that what God has planned for your life is beyond what we could imagine, and we're so excited about watching that unfold, as we cheer you on every step of the way.  His plans for you are good, baby girl.  

So, happy happy birthday, sweet angel!   We love you to the moon!

Love,
Mom, Dad, Tyler, Nolan and Peyton 
(and Solomon and Freckles!)






----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Well, a few minutes ago, Birthday Girl went missing. Actually, I knew she'd gone into the pantry. But she was very quiet for some time. I figured she was playing in the dog food, which is a favy of hers', though she doesn't eat it, thank the Lord. Anyway, after a few minutes, I walked over and turned the door knob and gently began to slowly open the door, to which it would SLAM back in my face. I'd try again, pushing a little farther and again...in my face! This went on without a word spoken on either side of the door and without either of us laying eyes on the other for a few minutes. Finally, she appeared from around the other side (and of course I'd already grabbed my camera b/c no telling what I was about to find), and this is what I saw...
BUSTED!



Yep, that was an almost finished Milky Way! Now, for a little chick who survives on mere bites a day, I couldn't believe she'd consumed the whole thing! No wonder she was so quiet...she had to work quick! Who cares?! She USED to be an orphan! Today, the princess can have all the Milky Ways she wants!! ;)

Looks like "2" is going to be interesting!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday girl - sweet precious blessing! God has such a beautiful plan for your life!

I'm so blessed to watch you grow up - even from afar!

You are such a treasure and a shining jewel in His crown!

Rhonda enjoy this special day!

With much love!
Jill
PS It really isn't crazy at our house - you should come for a visit! :)

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday Macy. Enjoy this special day!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

oh sweet Macy Li, you are a gift to us all !!! We are so thankful for all the lives you touch and your sweet infectious smile ... Enjoy your day angel girl !!!

P.S. We think your parents ROCK !!!

Elaine said...

Happy Birthday Macy
Elaine from MT

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it has been almost a year since we traveled to get our little ones! Where has time gone!! I am ready to go back again!

Happy Birthday, sweet Macy Li!

Love, Denise & Gracelyn :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Day Little One! I wish for you that you will know every heart that has prayed for you, hoped for you and now has fallen in love with you! You are one lucky little girl to have some many "adoring fans" and such a sweet and gentle family! I see glimpses of Jesus in all of you!

Joy, joy, joy
Talisa

Jboo said...

Oh Rhonda -- what a sweet loving post! You got me all teary-eyed!

Happy Birthday to Macy Li! I know she brightens your days and fills your heart!

Janet

Megan said...

Happy Birthday, Macy Li!

What a sweet post :)

Debbie Petras said...

Happy Birthday to your precious little one. I love how you share from your heart. Your love is spilling out all over. I love that.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Happy Happy Birthday Macy Li! Praising God along with your family for the gift of you!

Dana said...

Sweet birthday blessings for sweet Macy Li! We have loved watching her grow! (When you get a chance, let me know the name of the online clothing store you use for all of Macy Li's cute outfits. I saw it on an earlier post, but can't remember it.)

Hugs and kisses,

The Kecks

Jeff and Amy Bryant said...

I have read your blog for a while now and decided to comment on this post. My husband Jeff and I are on our own adoption journey to adopt a precious princess from Taiwan. We live in Knoxville. Happy Birthday to Macy Li! She is a beautiful little girl! Thank you for sharing this note. Macy Li will surely cherish it as she grows older. God truly is good and his plans are perfect!

Blessings,
Amy in Knoxville

Jeff and Amy Bryant said...

I have read your blog for a while now and decided to comment on this post. My husband Jeff and I are on our own adoption journey to adopt a precious princess from Taiwan. We live in Knoxville. Happy Birthday to Macy Li! She is a beautiful little girl! Thank you for sharing this note. Macy Li will surely cherish it as she grows older. God truly is good and his plans are perfect!

Blessings,
Amy in Knoxville

Kristi J said...

great meeting you the other night...Your kiddos are adorable...Happy b-day to your precious Milky Way girl :) kristi

Jeff and Amy Bryant said...

Thanks for your comments on our blog. Although we've tried, I don't think we will be able to prepare ourselves for the AMAZING journey that we have ahead. We can't wait to see what each step has in store! And we definitely can't wait to hold our sweet girl in our arms and bring her home forever!!

About football... I have noticed that you are a football family! I think that is why I was originally drawn to read your blog in addition to your adoption story. Congratulations on all your boys' accomplishments! We eat. sleep, and breathe football here at the Bryant casa. I am so pleased to find another woman as passionate about the game as I am. I absolutely love the game of football and always have, even as a little girl! I like to say that God was preparing me at a very early age to be a coach's wife! You can definitely pick me out on Friday nights... I am the crazy one screaming at the top of my lungs and nervously biting my fingernails!

I totaly agree that football is a wonderful game for being a metaphor for life and one's relationship with with Christ. We consider football our ministry. We know that the kids Jeff coaches need Godly examples and we know God has called us to be that. My husband is an amazing Godly man, who is a wonderful example and mentor for the young men he teaches and coaches. He loves those boys like they are his own (and I do too) and he would do absolutely do anything for them. It is amazing to see the impact he is making in their lives! If you read the back posts of our blog, you can see our life as Coach and Mrs. Coach! I can't wait till football season either, 52 days and counting!!

I can't wait to read more about the adventures of you beautiful family! May God bless you!

Love-
Amy

Kim said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Macy Li....
I soooo LOVED this post.. I am crying.. I am crying because I know that one day the joy I read from your blog will be in mine..
This keeps me going..
You are the most amazing family..
I sooo cannot wait to meet you one day..
LOVE...LOVE ....LOVE the milky way...
Toooo cute.. can't wait for more photos of the Macy Li 2 stage...

Kim said...

What a beautiful post for Macy's birthday! I hope she had a wonderful day, as at least she started it off right with a little chocolate :)!

Kim said...

Oh Rhonda. What a beautiful post that Macy Li will come to treasure as she learns of God's plans in bringing her to her forever family. You really have a gift with words. Macy Li has touched all our lives forever. Happy Birthday precious princess!
Love & Blessings,
Kim

Jodee said...

I am crying too. What a sweet post!

Happy Birthday, Macy! Welcome to the Terrible Two's!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! Love this post.

I love the pictures of her sneaking the Milky Way. That is too funny! :-)

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a lovely post. Happy Birthday Macy Li! May your next year be filled with lots of sweet treats!

PS. Our daughter is also from the Jiangxi province. Thanks for the memories.

jill said...

a girl after my own heart!!! happy happy birthday to that sweet girl!! i get chill bumps every time i hear (er...see) you talk about her sweet story. love on her from us a little bit today!!!

jennifer said...

That is hysterical!!! I love that you went to get the camera. I love the look on her face.