Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Birthday Dinner

Last night, we celebrated my 2nd birthday with Chinese dinner at Fulin's....because I love their Lo Mein noodles! I love that place and they are always so nice to me. Our server was Hispanic (I know, that's weird in a Chinese place) and she couldn't believe that I was saying "Hola and gracias" to her, but saying "Ni Hao and Xie Xie" to all the Chinese staff...it was funny. Mommy just explained to her that I'm a genius! ;)
Daddy kept saying he needed one more birthday kiss!
I shared my Panda-bib with Daddy...
Ahh, this is the life...1st a forbidden Milky Way and now this!
I stuffed my cheeks with these Lo Mein noodles!
Now Mom, "Peel me a grape!"
They sang "Happy Birthday" first in English, then in Mandarin...
Here's David, the owner of Fulin's
He taught me a few more Mandarin words...Oh, and Mommy wanted me to tell you that yes, this is one of her old tacky purses that I love to carry around. Last night, I stuffed it with wet wash cloths?? before leaving home.

After going around and hugging every single employee (and several customers who asked for one), it was time to go home. I had a great birthday and look forward to gettin' into a lot of mischief this next year!

Love,
Macy Li


17 comments:

Andrea said...

ah Happy Birthday Sweet Macy Li! What sweet pictures!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Super pictures. Happy Birthday, Macy Li!!

PS. Every girl needs a tacky pink purse. Too cute.

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

So stinkin' adorable!!! Great pics...that girl is blessed and so are YOU!!

Happy Birthday Miss Macy Li!!

*Oh, and we are getting ready to travel to Luoyang (where the Chapmans are now) to adopt our 13 year old daughter that we plan to name Macy! Macy Shu Li to be exact. :)

Kim said...

What a WONDERFUL Birthday dinner...
Wish I could have been there to get sweet hugs from a sweet little Macy Li..
Have a great week.
Looks like Mommy is getting a little bit of computer time..
I LOVE IT..
Keep the photos coming..
Have a great week.
Hugs..

Courtney said...

Cute post. I love the picture where she is slurping the noddle. Too cute!

Kim said...

Keep the celebrating going girl!
Happy Birthday Baby Doll!
Come see us in Hong Kong!
We will get you some REALLY GOOD noodles!
Love & Blessings,
Kim & Family

hollym. said...

Happy Birthday, Macy Li! Have a fun year with your family!:)

Jodee said...

What a fun b-day dinner! Cute pictures! I am practically drooling over the noodles! I love them!

Jboo said...

What a fun birthday for little Miss Macy Li! That girl already knows how to party! Hope there will be another party when the big brothers get back! Have a great fourth of July!!

Janet

jill said...

macy li -

sophie sends a big happy birthday your way!!!! but she really wants to know just how to get her hands on a milky way of her own. what are your secrets??? sophie is a little stressed because it seems her mommy gets to all the chocolate first. any tips will be greatly appreciated.

ha! hope that sweet SMART girl had a fantastic birthday. she is such a blessing to everyone around her!!!

Glory to God ... GREAT things He hath done!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday sweet Macy Li!
Happy Birthday to you!
Hugs, Jill

A Stone Gatherer said...

What a sweet girl! SHe is so much loved!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad your sweet girl had a great birthday! Happy Birthday Macy Li!

Sherry
Ontario, Canada

Ellie said...

What a sweet and GORGEOUS family you have! Thanks for stopping by Little Thai Lily!! Happy Birthday, sweet Macy Li!!

Missy said...

Birthday Girl,
You are just sooo precious! Fulins is our fav. too. Glad you were spoiled on your big day, pretty thing!

jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Maci Li!! Looks perfect!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy Birthday, Macy Li! I know this is late, but it's never too late to wish you all the best!

XO,

Mrs. Magpie (Sheila) :-)