Saturday, May 3, 2008

Here I Go!

Photobucket
Well, I am finally caving in to the peer pressure from my "China Adopt Talk" friends and am attempting my hand at blogging! Nope, I have no clue how to do this...I'll be learning as I go, so be patient and maybe in time, I'll get in the swing of it. This blog is a work in progress. And so am I.

After our 27(!!!) month wait, we're finally NEXT in line to receive our referral from the China Center of Adoption Affairs' next "batch", which will be sent out from Beijing the first week of June! So many of y'all have prayed for and with us along this journey, and many of y'all are so kind to always ask us where we are in this process. Well, since we're finally about to have some concrete news, we figured this would be the best way to communicate our "adoption happenings" to all of you. In the near future posts, I'll tell the story of how all this came to be.

Our "slow boat to China" is almost there and we are so excited! From the moment God birthed this adoption in our hearts years ago and we stepped out in faith to His calling, we have been learning so much about what "walking by faith and not by sight" looks like. This is not a journey for the faint at heart! Absolutely nothing so far has gone like we expected, but we know that His ways are higher than our ways, and so we trust Him even in this timing that has nearly gotten the best of us at times throughout this whole process.

Our family is about to take on a whole new dimension...."From dating to diapers!" Wow!...And a GIRL in the midst of all this testosterone!! Only God can write a story like this one.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Looks great, Rhonda! I'm so impressed your techno savvy! I'm looking forward to keeping up to date news as well as meeting Macy in the not so distant future!! Remember, He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it!! Love you,
Renee

Kim said...

Beautiful blog! Just wanted to stop by and say hi! We are waiting for our daughter from China...and my girls have been to Kanakuk,too! Some things in common!

Denise said...

Found you from Kim's blog and can't wait to follow along. We have 4 sons and our daughter Maggie has been home from China for a month...you are in for quite a blessing~