Saturday, May 31, 2008

See you soon, Mr. Taylor

Today was a sweet day...it was another funeral, but this time for the dad of my dear friend, Angela. Mr. Steve Taylor spent his life as an evangelist, singing and playing his trumpet. At his memorial service today, his grandkids all told sweet stories of how he'd poured so much love into each of their lives, and how he had never met a person he didn't share Jesus with. They are all living testimonies to the amazing Godly heritage he left them. We all cried and laughed and sang old hymns and celebrated this life well-lived. His fellow trumpeteers all played a special tribute to him. I'm glad I got to be a part of his "home-going celebration." So move over Gabriel, you may have met your match! ...And Angela, I LOVE you dearly!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Rhonda I am so impressed with this blog. You have taken it to a new level with your technology. We are all so excited about Macy. Our family was just talking about it this weekend. We were at the lake and wondering if ya'll might be there. We were so blown away by the news about little Maria, and have been faithfully praying for the Chapman's. Romans 8:28 just keeps coming to my mind, that God does work all things together for good, to those who love HIM, and are called according to HIS purpose. As I have said before what a blessed life little Macy will have to be part of the loving Kemp family. We are praying for you all.

Unknown said...

It says Allen said, but it's really Jamie said

Rhonda said...

I can't believe RQ hasn't posted much in the way of rumors this month. I'm on pins and needles for a friend with a Jan 13th LID.

I'm praying that something happens soon.

Rhonda
twinangel on RQ