Sunday, November 30, 2008

17 Months old!

Today, our sweet thing turned 17 months old. Today marks 4 months since we brought her home from China. And today, Miss Li Ming from Jiangxi walked on her own!!! (Tomorrow, I'll try to add video which shows those first steps)...Below are a few pictures of her and her cousins over the weekend...





Macy, Maggie and McKenna in their "farm" dresses from Goggin...



Would you say this little cherub has got JOY? Click on this picture below to get a closer look at that angel's face! I can hardly handle the thought that she was in a stainless steel crib on a bamboo mat in a remote, rural orphanage in southern China, with no family to love her, JUST 4 MONTHS AGO...











Singing "Oh, How I Love Jesus" Now, if that doesn't make a mom well up with love and joy, nothing would!



Well, today wrapped up a great Thanksgiving weekend with friends and family! We are especially grateful for God's gift of Macy Li to our family this year. We will never be the same. She has flooded us with joy that words will never be able to describe! We are so thankful and privileged to get to be her family! WE are the blessed ones! How on earth did WE get to be the ones God chose to be her family?! He has, indeed, answered our prayers exceedingly and abundantly! We hope your blessings were bountiful as well!

6 comments:

Kim said...

I LOVE those dresses... They are soooo adorable...
Looks like an AMAZING Thanksgiving..
Have a Great Week..I soo cannot wait to see her pretty little face on Christmas morning..
I bet it will have just as big of a smile..
Hugs girly..

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Hi, I am enjoying your blog and love the photos of the girls in the dresses! They look so sweet. I also love the one where Macy Li is singing with her brother! Way to go!! I think I found you thru Leslie's blog. :) Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

Oh Rhonda ... how THANKFUL I am to see Macy Li so full of joy. Those dresses ... oh my! And isn't there such joy in seeing our children bond with their cousins? Following your journey is such a blessing for me!

We have had a crazy couple of weeks. If you get time, check out my Nov 21st post.

To think that a chat w/ your hubby during a teeth cleaning in Jan 2006 would draw our hearts closer to adoption. We thought God was calling us to adopt a daughter in China when he had the twins on their way to us. And now ... a two year ex pat assignment in Hong Kong. OH MY!

Only God could orchestrate such events, provide such blessings, and know just how to stretch & grow me!

Hope you are feeling 100% and that our paths cross soon!
Love & Blessings,
Kim

Anonymous said...

JOY JOY JOY!!! What a tremendous JOY sweet Macy Li (and your wonderful blog) is!!

There are days when the wait seems almost cruel and people outside the adoption community just don't understand. I am so thankful for your blog. It brings me joy and hope through the wait.

Many, many thanks for sharing!

Adrienne in TX
LID 4-20-07

Jboo said...

Oh my -- she is just pure sweetness, isn't she!! Adorable photos!

Hope you have a good week.

Janet

Anonymous said...

there is no material gift that could ever take the place of God's gift of a sweet lil cherub like her! we got both of our boys right before Thanksgiving.....it sure does add a whole new meaning to " Thanksgiving." God sure is good......