Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ho Ho Ho!!!

Well, now that I'm home learning all about Christmas traditions, my family saw fit to take me to the mall yesterday where they proceeded to introduce me to a custom that I'd just as soon not remember...

First, they said we were going to meet some dude named "Santa." So, I get to the mall and there's this big long line (apparently my family is not the only one who thinks this guy is important). Anyway, while I waited, they put reindeer antlers on me...





But I soon got bored with that, so they attempted to pay me off to keep me happy...


But I'm not cheap, so they thought they'd passify me with gifts...


After a while, I needed to know what all this Santa-hype was about, so Daddy took me over for a sneak peek at what I was waiting for...AND THAT'S when it all started to go downhill...


Soon, it was our turn to actually SIT on this dude's lap!!! Now, I understand that I'm not supposed to even TALK to strangers, so I didn't get it...But, Tyler and Nolan walked me right up there and sat me right down on his lap...



That's when I blew a gasket...






I didn't care WHAT he said he'd bring me, I wasn't interested! Hey, I got Mommy and Daddy for that stuff anyway!




After they'd all laughed their b*tts off at my expense, Mommy finally came and got me off his lap! (Thanks a lot for rushing right over!)



As they carried me away, still laughing, I waved "Bye Bye" as hard as I could...



Then when I finally got home, I got myself some sweet revenge!



~Macy Li

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post! Love the Santa pics!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Between that last post and this one, I'm totally laughing thru my tears. What a treasure - to be surrounded by so much love. The shining eyes of your sons, and their joy just explodes off the pages!

Merry Christmas.

Kim said...

Love the pictures...
Sounds like Macy Li didn't really care for the Santa...
I sooooo LOVE the dress... Didyou get that at the same spot you ordered last time...I tried that websgied.
Couldn't get it to work..
Have a Great Weekend...

Kim said...

Oh what priceless photos and precious memories. We have all been there done that with our little ones. Too cute. Macy Li looks adorable ... even crying! And just love seeing her surrounded by those proud big brothers!
HO HO HO!

Denise said...

Love this post...you are so funny Macy Li! Merry Christmas~

Angie said...

I feel a little bad that I was laughing so hard at sweet Macy Li while she was obviously so distraught! What a memory!
Merry Christmas!

Jboo said...

OH my gosh!! Such great photos and such a great story!! That Macy Li -- maybe she was trying to write Santa a note after she got home!

Best wishes for the merriest of Christmases to you and your family!

Janet

Kim said...

Oh...that face while on Santa's lap! This was fun to read! Merry Christmas to you all!!!

PS...what sweet big brothers!

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Love the story photos and especially the ending. :) Macy-Li, you showed them!

Merry Christmas!

Amy said...

Oh wow, Rhonda, I'm just catching up after a few weeks and I can't get over how much Macy Li has blossomed! It looks as if you all have been together forever...which is true, isn't it really...that was God's plan all along!

All best wishes for continued blessings in the New Year!