Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Calling All Prayer Warriors...

See this little angel?


Well, this is Maggie Oatsvall, the daughter of our sweet friends, Gwen and Scott.  Many of you know them from blog-land.  Anyway, this little thing needs your prayers.  To read about the details of the surgery she had yesterday, as well as the ones to come, you can go read their blog here.  In short, she underwent extreme burns in China before she was adopted.  They're not sure exactly what happened to her, or what was done there to "repair" her injuries.  However, she is missing a critical portion of her skull, has extensive scarring, and is missing a section of hair.  Her surgery yesterday was the first of several she will have to undergo over the coming months.  This one was to begin the "stretching" of her scalp so that it can eventually be opened up to graft in the needed bone.  (Gwen, if I'm slaughtering this description, I'm sorry.  Readers, you may be safer to go read this on her blog.)  Anyway, Maggie is coming home with exterior tubes attached to her head and it is critical that she, her siblings, and other kids leave these alone to prevent infection.  I'm just asking for prayer for these dear friends who are CHAMPIONS for the cause and call of adoption.  They have two biological sons, Jeremiah and Elijah, and their first adopted daughter, Emily, is from China.  Maggie, also from China, is their second adopted child, and they are currently planning to adopt 2 more children from Ethiopia as the Lord leads and provides...Which leads me to my next request...They are selling these shirts as a fundraiser to help with their adoption costs, so please visit their blog and buy a couple of these for yourself, or anyone else you know who has a heart for the orphan.  The proceeds will help bring home two more children to these incredible parents.  I'll keep you posted on Maggie. Thanks so much for covering them in prayer. Their precious family is a living example of the biblical mandate to care for orphans...









"Whatever you do for the least of these, you do for me."  Matthew 25:40

Bless you, my friends!!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Great post..
I LOVE this family..
I have bought a few shirts..
I have them in my prayers..
Hugs..
have a great day..

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Love those shirts! I hope the surgeries turn out well for her! She is blessed to have a family to care for her so much!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

Sister you totally ROCK and you did a great job describing the process .. I can't wait to see you tomorrow and thanks for blessing us and for checking in ... I know I will be leaning on you in the months to come!

love ya ...

Kim said...

WOW ... can you ever write! What a beautiful post and summary of sweet Maggie!
I am so blessed that my dentist gave me a slip up paper to follow his daughters homecoming from China introducing me to the Land of Blog! In no time, I was in love w/ Team Oatsvall. They have touched our family beyond words! We've got the t-shirt and are covering our new friends in prayer! I love how God has used your family in so many ways to impact our own adoption journey!
Blessings,
Kim

Kim said...

that would be SLIP OF paper ... clearly i need to go to bed! :o)