Wednesday, July 16, 2008

24 hours!

We're packed! 4 bags under China's 44-pound limit! Woo hoo!!!!! Considering we have to bring an entire nursery and pharmacy, that is an accomplishment! Now I'm off today just to tie up a few last-minute errands. I'm in a bit of shock seeing those closed bags by the front door.

Just as it was when I was leaving for the hospital to deliver my boys, I'm having all those "Mom-thoughts," such as this morning when I was cooking breakfast for Tyler and Nolan before they went off to football, "...this is the last breakfast I'll fix them without a baby on my hip," or this is our last day in this house being a family of 5 and life as we know it..." Moms, you know those "last" thoughts you have on your way to the hospital. That's me today. I'm trying not to let my "to-do" list distract me from soaking it all in. Our lives will never be the same. In the midst of insane joy, I have to admit to some pretty overwhelming melancholy emotions right now. It's odd. After an almost 3-year "pregnancy," I'm almost there...


11 comments:

Mommy said...

Isn't it an overwhelming feeling when a dream finally comes to fruition? Just a few days and you'll be a family of six! She is going to be so loved. I can't wait until I have those same feelings some day...hopefully sooner than later...

Jennifer said...

I'm praying for you and your family! What an amazing blessing! I can't WAIT to see pictures!

Kim said...

I am sooo excited for you and your family..
I can not wait to experience these emotions...
Have a Good day..
You are almost there..

Kim said...

It is overwhelming...and I know it will be for me, too! I am sharing in your excitement and rejoicing with you! We are all eager to see you in China and with your new Macy Li!!! Please keep us updated!!!

Praying for your wonderful trip!

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

I am so excited for y'all!!! What an amazing adventure. I can't wait to meet your sweet little girl. I will be praying so much!!

Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Safe Travels to you'all! I will say prayers for safe adventures and enjoy/embrace the moments, God has truly blessed you. Enjoy

I found your blog via RQ, and just love how positive you are...I hope you don't mind, my peeking in. I'm a waiting Mom in TX, so I can't wait to see the Gotcha pictures...hopefully I will be in China soon- Lor

Bobbie said...

ive been "peeking" at your blog via RQ..wonderful blog! hope your family has a great trip.. TIP; if you buy (everyone does) the little tea sets..put a diaper inside each one for travel..mine made it home with no chips!
congrats!

Unknown said...

Rhonda,
We have never met yet I feel so connected to you through the similarity of emotions that I too have experienced. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about all of your "lasts". It has been nice for me to recall my feeling before we left to receive the blessing of our Emily. You are so right, your life will never be the same....it will be richer, full of excitement and joy beyond all imagination. Best wishes and Prayers once again for safe and peaceful travel as well as CONGRATS on being under your weight limits for luggage. Looking forward to seeing your Macy Li snug in your arms.

Sharing your joy!
Nichole

Rhonda said...

Safe Travels!!

Rhonda/twinangel at RQ

Anonymous said...

RHONDA THIS IS A TEST RUN. I AM NOT FOR SURE HOW THIS WORKS. THIS IS YOUR MOM. STAY SAFE AND ENJOY ALL THE GREAT MOMENTS. I WISH I COULD BE THERE TOO. KEEP THE PHONE HOT. GOGGIN:)

Renee said...

What joy and excitement to anticipate all the ways your life will change! I am so happy for you I almost can't stand it. Seeing Macy Li in your home, her home, will certainly be a beautiful day and amazing answer to many prayers! I am praying for travel mercies and a seamless transition for you and your baby! I can't even believe you're going to be waking up at night to take care of a baby again. Not to mention diaper changes? ha! You have many anxious babysitters right down the road, sister! Love you! ENJOY every second of this! Renee