Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Boys are back in town!!

The boys are home!! K-Kountry and K-Colorado (kanakuk.com) kamps ended yesterday and they all came home last night. Phillip went out to Missouri for Peyton's closing ceremonies, while I flew out to Durango, Colorado for Tyler and Nolan's closing ceremonies. As usual, all three of them had two amazing weeks, and are already counting down the weeks 'til they go again next summer. I'm going to post some highlight photos here in the next day or two, as soon as I get them from all their cameras. You'll want to come back and see some of these. Last night, we all sat out on the front porch and just listened to them tell story after story of their camp adventures, their new friendships, but mostly about how impacted they were, once again, by the life-changing Truths taught there. All day today I've just thanked God for how He is working in their lives and transforming them into His likeness. I'll tell you, they challenge me! I'm so proud of how they're growing up, and making wise decisions. Of course, they fail daily because they're a Work in progress, but aren't we all? I'm humbled by how God is using them, in spite of what ragamuffin-parents they have. We are in constant need of a heavenly Father, all of us, to grow us up His way. Tyler, Nolan and Peyton, we are so proud of you young men! We see the fingerprints of our Father all over you! We're so privileged to be on this journey with you. We love you!

" Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name." Ps. 86:11


1 comment:

Kim said...

This reminds me of 3 John 1:4

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

I know for us, there is no greater joy!