Sunday, July 20, 2008

It Takes Two To Make A Baby!

Okay, I've heard all the hen-chatter for so long that it is now time for Macy Li's "Ba-ba" to be heard.

Just a few minutes ago, Tater and I were praying for today and Macy Li's adjustment to her new family and
it just dawned on me.......Hey I am going to be the father of a little girl. Okay, I know how to run a fly route, and
how to give the sign for a hit and run, how to screen for a lay-up, and how to stalk a whitetail deer, but ballet, dance and tea parties.....HELP!

It has been 11 years since I have changed a diaper..... Oh how time flies. It just seems like yesterday that Tyler was playing wiffle ball in the back yard, and since Nolan was learning to swim and snowboard, and Tater was being drug from one ballpark to another. I wouldn't change one single thing. What a ride.

A new chapter is about to be written today. One that starts out with...."Once upon a time in a land far,far away........" And oh how far away it is, but it is funny how God makes time and space go away when He is moving in your life....and oh how He is moving!

I want to say before God and man...........I AM UP FOR THE TASK! Bring on the tu-tu's, bring on the china tea-cups, bring on the dance music, and heaven forbid, the suiters.........even though I may have to work on that one.

I have never been so excited as the times I've driven so fast, running red lights on the way to the hospital to watch the delivery of my boys. This excitement is just as great. What God birthed in our hearts, He is bringing to fruition in our lives......TODAY! What a day this is going to be.....

I just want everyone to know, I'm gonna be her favorite!!!!!

Phillip--Macy Li's Ba-ba

"Once upon a time in a land far, far away........"

20 comments:

Courtney said...

Sweet, very sweet. You will be such a great daddy to that precious baby girl......now go and get her !!!!!!!!!!! We are all waiting. I am so excited to see pictures. Courtney

Kim said...

You are going to be a WONDERFUL Daddy..
That brought tears to my eyes...
I am sooo excited..
Bring on the pictures..
Have an Amazing Day...

Amy Lafayett said...

Oh Phillip! You will be such a wonderful father to this sweet little girl! That was a precious post! We are so excited that while we sleep tonight you will see your new babe for the first time. I can't wait to wake up in the morning and read all about it!

Daddy's Girls said...

Charles and I have always said that if anything was to happen to us that you would be the one to pick up where Charles left off for our baby girls--you are going to be a great Daddy to sweet little Macy Li! We love you! Aunt Sissy and Uncle Charles

Anonymous said...

Phillip, I do believe, your are smitten. Of course, these little girls are all together different from the boys. You will be a great dad, as always. The boys could not have had a better dad. God bless you. Love you, Goggin, or Grandma. :)

Jboo said...

That's so sweet!! Dads and daughters -- very, very special! Enjoy!

Janet

Anonymous said...

Thank you the Kemps for updating your blog so regularly. Ready,steady,go.Waiting eagerly for the next pics.Keep posting the news please!

Jennifer said...

Hooray! So VERY excited for your family!

Jodee said...

What a sweet Daddy post!

Denise said...

What sweet words from a daddy to be. My husband, after having 4 boys, is loving his little girl...she has him wrapped around her little fingers. Just the other night he let her wear her princess bathing suit to bed...watch out!

Can't wait to see pictures~

Kim said...

What a sweet post....how fun to be having your first daughter by adoption after 3 boys! You are greatly blessed!

You must have her by now...praying for you!!!

Deb said...

What a sweet post from the daddy to be! There is nothing sweeter then the daddy-daughter bonds!

Anonymous said...

Daddy and his little girl are a special bond....especially after a housefull of boys, and you will be great at it!

I love your posts and am praying for you all. Can't wait for the pics of your Maci Li Day! Blessings on you! Connie Stowers

Daddy's Girls said...

Just to let you all know, I am going nuts!! You called almost 4 hours ago with all of the details of your first moments with little Macy Li and I haven't gotten to see any pictures of her today with you all!!!! Please post one or two...The suspense is killing me!!! : ))) Love ya'll, Sissy

Gwen Oatsvall said...

I just had to come see the above pictures again .. I can't stop crying for your miracle ... oh how I pray for your family during this special time ... you are forever changed and God is smiling today as Macy Li is HOME w/ father and mother never again to be w/out the love she has deserved since birth ... we love you guys so much ...

dreamingBIGdreams said...

congratulations!!!
:)jamie

Unknown said...

well, Phillip? who knew there were two writers in the family that can make me cry?! i'm so happy for you and i know you are gonna make a GREAT girl daddy! she is absolutely beautiful...so much for those suitors, right? love to all,
renee

Anonymous said...

OK, first off, Whatever decisions you make with a daughter will probably be wrong, and your beautiful wife will point that out. Secondly, you may as well give her your wallet and your credit cards now and avoid all the hassle because you won't be able to say no to her. Third, the dating thing is easy; just shoot the first boy that shows up and the word will get out. Finally, don't sweat it, because having a daughter will be the best and worst times of your life, and you wouldn't trade it for anything.

Hang in there, buddy!

John

Laurie said...

Never met you, sitting here crying my eyes out. LOVED this post and your "I'm up for it!" attitude. A little girl will change you in wonderful ways. And your wife will truly LOVE listening to you have tea parties with Macy- enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Phillip,
I have no doubt that you will figure it out as you go along, but as another father of two girls told me years ago," it doesn't matter what you do together as father and daughter, just be together". God bless you all.