Saturday, July 19, 2008

Good Morning!

It's Sunday morning, and we are just about to leave for church. We have to show our U.S. passports because Chinese citizens would not be permitted to attend a Christian service. Unbelievable. Thank you Lord, that Macy Li is coming home to freedom where she can hear the Good News!!!

After church, we're headed to The Great Wall! Woo hoo!! We're all so excited, and it's about 900 degrees again today! Fun!

Phillip and Peyton are downstairs at breakfast right now, but with "Macy Li Day" right around the corner, I'm not much for eating at the moment. The realization of just how close we are to her brings butterflies big-time!

Please pray for Peyton when you read this because he's been having some problems with dehydration and yesterday took a big toll on him. We're forcing fluids and thankfully we have a pediatrician in our group.

Speaking of our group, we spent the day yesterday getting to know one another and the people with us are awesome! A few families are flying with us to Nanchang in the morning to get their babies from the same orphanage where Macy Li is. Others are traveling to different provinces in China....But on Friday, we'll all fly to Guangzhou in southern China with our babies, where we'll all be re-united for the last portion of our trip. The couples are from all over the country and everyone has SO enjoyed getting to know each other. No offense to family and friends back home, but no one really understands what we've been through with this horrific process but those who've walked this road as well. These people here have been in our same exact shoes and therefore we have an instant bond. I heard a few times yesterday that "9 months of throwing up would have been easier!" hahaha! But after tomorrow, I know that the wait will seem like a distant memory and every second of it will have been more than worth it.

We've been enjoying hearing from you in the comments...keep 'em coming!

When we get back to the hotel tonight, we'll post more pictures and highlights from today, so check back.

We love you all and covet every single prayer!

15 comments:

Emily said...

Hello! My name is Emily and I live in Los Angeles. I saw your blog on another friend's website (can't remember whose at the time!) My husband and I lived in Nashville for 5 years and are considering adoption in the future---I'm not 30 yet, so we have to wait a bit. I've been eagerly anticipating the arrival of Macy Li and am praying for you guys on this journey!

Kim said...

I have Peyton in my thoughts and prayers... I can not imagine how your stomach fills... in just a day you will have your little Macy Li and she will take that pit right out and you will be filled with LOVE..
I can't wait to see the pictures of you all on the Great Wall.. I look forward to every post.. This is an amazing journey. I know I have a long wait but ever journey makes it that much easier for me...
Have a Great Day..
Hugs to you girly..

Samantha said...

Praying for you all!!! I'm so excited for you and I have never even met you!!! I can't wait 'till I see the post from your meeting...Blessings!

Anonymous said...

May the Lord's Blessing shine upon you (especially Big Brother Peyton) and have a wonderful Gotcha Day! You should eat, as you are going to need all your strength. Enjoy
Lor

Mary Beth said...

To All the Kemps,

I am so glad you are falling in love with China, cuz we are taking you back with us some day to do some "stuff". We love you and can't wait for the long awaited pictures of you with that baby comes our way! It is so healing for me to follow you through China,

All of our Love,

Mary Beth for all the Chapmans

Mrs. Dixon said...

Girl, I showed Darryl that photo of the guy from Romania and he said, "Who knew I had Romanian relatives visiting China?" Ha! He's so crazy. We are SO excited for you and are praying for you. Tomorrow morning, my 8th grade girls SS class will be praying for a restful night for the new Kemp family! What an amazing time for you all. Much love,
Mary Karen, Darryl, Savannah, Jake & Hayley

Anonymous said...

Hello Kemps! We cannot wait to see your first family photo with Maci Li! Thank you for sharing the journey with us and for letting us tag along. We love you guys!

Michelle Smalling

Gigi said...

This is so unbelievable that you are in CHINA to pick up your "doll"!! And that we in the states get to read about the journey right as it (well almost) happens! Modern technology is so amazing but it pales in comparison to our Father who, knew from the beginning of time, that you would be getting your DAUGHTER. God BLESS the delivery and you all! Lots of prayers....

Anonymous said...

I am one of the proof that your blog is read outside the US.Gosh, chinese people cannot attend Mass.. I hope your son gets much better after his sunstroke.The summer looks so hot in China, all the tourists there (as your family and you) are tanned as crayfish.
So the long awaited day is just tomorrow ! Cheers ! Expect that Macy Li is sad and misses her nanny. But expect also that she will get fond of you very soon.Anyway I hope that she is a cutie one.

Jodee said...

I can't wait to see your sweet baby girl in your arms! Enjoy every second of this amazing journey!

Kim said...

Rhonda,

I'm so sorry Peyton is not feeling well...hope that situation gets better soon! I will pray for him.

Our family is just sitting on the edge of our seats following along with you on this amazing journey! China sounds wonderful. Even though I am scared to death of the trip, you are making it easier for me to imagine us going! Thanks for that!

I know what you mean about bonding with those who have been through the process...it just happens! That is one of the reasons I have been drawn to your blog...you have endured the long wait and now, through God's wonderful grace and kindness, you are receiving the child you have sought long and hard after...what a blessing beyond words!

I will continue praying...we can't wait to see your new little one wrapped in your family's loving arms! Joy!!

Kim

Denise said...

This brings back such fond memories...and makes me want to go again....shhh, don't tell my husband...God will have to work on Him!

Can't wait to see Maci Li pics with her forever family. And praying for Peyton~

Cindi said...

Getting ready to pack Ahna's bag for TOMORROW... up just a few floors from you, praying us all there! Get a tiny bit of sleep!

Anonymous said...

HELLO TO ALL YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!I AM SO HAPPY PEYTON IS FEELING BETTER. HE'S IN GODS HANDS AND HE WILL TAKE CARE. I WISH I COULD BE THERE FOR THE MOMENT, BUT LOTS OF HUGS AND KISSES ARE ON THE WAY. IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL ANY BETTER, ITS REALLY HOT HERE TOO. OF COURSE, WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOUR SAFE RETURN. LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH. GOGGIN:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhonda,

I'm praying for you all in anticipation! I found the perfect material for Macy's quilt at an antique store in East Nashville. It will look perfect next to the camo sweatshirt! It sounds like you all are having a fantastic experience and the best is yet to come. God bless you and keep you safe. I pray for health and healing over Peyton. Can't wait to meet your baby girl!
xoxo, Heather M