Sunday, July 13, 2008

...90 hours....


.
..In about 90 hours, we'll be gone...headed for the other side of the planet on a mission...Mission: Macy Li!!! I can't believe it. I haven't been blogging much this past week, as the requirements for such a mission are much! In a day or so, we'll be ready.

I can't stop thinking about how this sweet angel's life is about to radically change...Though WE all know this change will be Life-giving on many levels, SHE will have no idea. We expect the grief, the fear, the sadness. She will surely long for the only life she's ever known...for a while. It makes me sad, though I cling to the Promises of the bigger picture. Isn't this just like us with our heavenly Father?!?! We're lost, without any hope, until He adopts us as His own and we become forever His', heir to all that is His. Not until we're adopted do we receive life abundant, life full of hope, life eternal. Mind-boggling....

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." John 10:10


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Rhonda,

May you be blessed on your journey. May your trip be free from ANY hiccups or difficulties and may your sweet Macy Li be fully prepared by God to meet her family. I pray for you now that God will give you lots of energy to finish your final preparations. How exciting it will be to have that sweet girl in her mama's arms.
Nichole

Unknown said...

What a beautiful analogy!
I commit to praying for your journey and all of the logistics.
I am so EXCITED for you guys!
May God bless this adventure!

Courtney said...

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only 90 hours. Will you be taking a lap top with you ? I am so excited to see Macy Li in your arms. Good Luck. Courtney

Kim said...

Praying for you guys!!!