Friday, June 20, 2008

Getting to know her more!

"Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land." ~Proverbs 25:25

This afternoon, we received Miss Macy Li's translation of her growth report, and various details that we want to share with you. The first paragrah goes into the particulars of where and when she was found, by whom, etc., but I just don't feel I should post all that here.

Next, it speaks of her personality and development: The English is a bit broken, but it says:

"Li Ming is a pretty girl with slightly dark and healthy skin, black and thick hair, little face and talking eyes. She is truly a lovely girl. She had good physical development. When 2 months old, she could raise her head, smile, move her eyes with the object moving around. When 3 months old, she could smile and utter giggling sounds, touch things with her hands and turn her body from lying on her stomach to lying on her side. When 5 months old, she could stand up with support under her armpit, sit well with her back leaning against something, and try to find the source of sounds on her initiative when hearing the music and loved giggling.

When 7 months old, she could recognize her name, tell people she was familiar with from strangers and was a little afraid of strangers. When a person she is familiar with passed by her bed and called her name Li Ming, she would show you a sweet smile, with her hands and feet moving and kicking and no one can help hugging her.

By now, she knows how to imitate the behaviors of adults, listens to other people's conversation. She loves to sit in the baby walker and moves around, and loves to be held by the caretakers to go outdoors and play. She is open, active, and happy."

About her schedule, it says:

"Li Ming has good appetite. She has 5 meals a day with 260cc for each meal. The staple food includes Shengyan Milk Powder, Aying Rice Powder with some fish, porridge, and meat soup, etc. Time for the meals: 1am, 7am, 11am, 3pm, and 7pm. Sleep time: going to bed after 7pm and awaking at around 6:30-7:00am. Nap for 2 hours at noon time. Normal and regular defecating and urinating each day, ..."

This little girl is in serious need of some pinto beans, cornbread, and sweet-potato-pie if you ask me!!

Her favorite activity: Outdoors activities (Yep, she's my girl!)

Favorite toy: Rocking bell (huh? better go google that one)

The report goes on to give a lot more specific medical information that I'll not go into here. So many of you have asked about the above, so that's pretty much all I know for now. It sounds like she must be a sweet little thing.

I'm now in love with the name "Li Ming," especially knowing that she responds like she does to it.....I guess we'll have to start out calling her that. Well, you know our family. We have no shortage of nicknames. I've already nicknamed her "Moonpie." It fits because she's sweet, delicious, has those round chubby cheeks, is a "southern" girl in China, is going to be a "southern" girl in America, and because of the "moon-related" folklore in China.

This weekend, I am sending her a care package which will include a "lovey" that we have slept with in hopes of leaving our scents (sounds odd, but we've been advised to do this), a couple of disposable cameras for the nannies to take pics of her there, a laminated card with our pictures (labeled in Chinese: Mama, Dada, Brothers), and a few other things. Also, we are sending another package with things for the caretakers and other children there at the orphanage. Oh, I just have to do something until we can get there!

We're still waiting on the Travel Approval from the PRC....they say it could come as early as next week, or take 3 more weeks. Assuming it comes very soon, our agency is working on a tentative itinerary having us leave approximately July 17th....That is so soon, but oh so long at the same time. I'd go tonight if they'd let me.

I've found a couple of pictures that were taken this past March at her orphanage by another adoptive family. You'll recognize the little outfits. Sorry, I can't get them to transfer any larger.
Believe me, I scoured these pictures to see if I might recognize her in the background, but I can't really tell. There is one little girl way in the back and to the left who could be her, but I'm not sure. She's on the blue duck. What do you think? Oh, and by the way, we also found out that these ducks are their potty seats. They're sitting on them with their "split pants." In China, orphans don't wear diapers from what I understand. They wear "split pants," sit on these potties, and somehow are trained to go that way. How that's gonna work with us, I haven't a clue! Pampers are sounding pretty nice to me!

Also, here are a couple of the pictures we've found of what we believe is her orphanage, but still doing more investigating...





Just look at all those little cribs! How can I leave there with only one?!?!?! Tell me! If they'd allow me, "Li Ming" would be bringing home all her friends with her!

Well, that's about it for tonight...Thank you to all who are praying for her! Please continue to pray for her protection, and that she'd be loved well until we can get there...I know so many of you are praying and I just want you to know that every call, every e-mail, every card, every gift, and every prayer has truly humbled us. She is blessed, and so are we.

"...I have called you by name. You are mine." Isaiah 43:1

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Congrats on Macy Li......She is beautiful. I will be following your blog now until you bring your sweet baby home. We brought our daughter home from Guatemala 4 months ago. It is the best feeling ever to have them in their forever homes. Good Luck with your travels. Courtney

Jodee said...

She sounds perfect! I can't wait to follow your journey!

Kelly Swindell and Tol Swindell said...

We are so excited for you!!!

Susan said...

I got to your blog from Tracy Brothers blog and have so enjoyed reading it and your story as you are on the road to adoption. I am praying for you and your family and sweet Macy!! I can't wait to pop over here to the blog and see that you have her home with you in your arms. I am an adopted child and am always so excited to read or talk to people who have a heart for it. I know the Lord is going to continue to bless your family!
Susan

Montee said...

I am enjoying reading your journey to get Li Ming. I agree that she needs some good old Southern cookin'!

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying following your journey. I first found your blog from Rumor Queen and found myself wondering what was happening with your family. I am also a mother of 3 wonderful boys, 16,13 and 9. We are still waiting for our referral, which seems so far away but watching it happen for your family gives me hope and excitement about the future. My oldest has been after me to set up a blog, now you have inspired me. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.