Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Packing for Camp

Earlier Tuesday, I took the boys shopping to get the last of their camp stuff, and again, we got a little off the set agenda. Here's what we found....

So many bows; so little time!

Another trip to REI!! C'mon boys, we have to focus on camp; not Macy Li...


Grabbing a bite...



Now, it's 3:30 am Wednesday morning, and we just got back from taking Peyton to meet the Kanakuk bus, full of wild camp kids. They just left for Missouri for 2 weeks. In an hour, I'm waking Tyler and Nolan up to take them to the airport to leave for Kanakuk-Colorado for 2 weeks! Their time at camp every summer is the highlight of their whole year. They get to see old friends, make new ones, soak up great Bible teaching, do every sport imaginable, act crazy, and just generally have the time of their lives. I'm so excited for all of them. Getting ready for this camp-extravaganza, however, is a whole 'nother story! Below, you can see just SOME of the things they packed...our dining room looked like REI moved in.



"While visions of zip-lines danced in his head......"


Loading the bus with his buddy, Benji!


And here are sleepyheads: Nolan, our friend Callie, and Tyler at the airport this morning before leaving....Awww, aren't they cute?!



Well, that's about it for now. I've got to go recover from this marathon shopping/labeling/packing/sending-off whirlwind! Speaking of packing whirlwind...I guess I better get going on the next one...this time Beijing, Nanchang, Guangzhou!!!!! Yippee!!!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I can not wait to get my little girl home. I dream of making memories like these and your pics make me smile!

RamblingMother said...

Aren't they sweet thinking of babysister.

Kim said...

WOW... Looks like the boys are going to have SOOOO Much fun..
Okay.. you have to tell me where you found ALL those bows...I have never been to a place with that many... And I LOVE bows...
Have a Great 2 weeks.. because you are going to be busy after that..
I can not wait to see her in your arms... You can tell the boys adore her already..
Hugs..
Kim

Jodee said...

Love the pictures getting ready for camp. The boys are going to have soo much fun!

I also would like to know where you found all of those bows! We love bows too!

Courtney said...

Seriously, your boys crack me up. Yippie.......you get some time alone. Enjoy packing. Courtney

Anonymous said...

we too would like to know about the sweet little bows!

Unknown said...

Hey Rhonda-its Suzanne Craighead(Bechman)I just had to comment and tell you that I have been keeping up with you guys through your blog and it has become a highlight of my week! Not only have I LOVED seeing those handsome boys of yours( I still remember Daniel throwing little "NONO" in the pool), but seeing the Lord bring you your sweet Macy Li has been a miracle!! Tell Phillip that Daniel and I said hi and I hope we get to see you guys before too long!

Jboo said...

What an adorable family! Your boys are too funny with the bows and girl stuff -- so sweet! Congrats on your referral and your upcoming travel -- it will be the trip of a lifetime!

Janet

Trish said...

I love your blog, I have it under my favorites and please tell.....what store has all theose bows!!!!!! Trish