Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Recap of Referral Day--What a day!

"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart. I will tell of all your wonders." -Psalm 9:1

The WONDERS of Tuesday, June 10th, 2008 will forever be embedded in my memory. The following photos show the highlights...

Even Solomon is waiting on our special delivery...




At exactly 8:45 am, here comes the FedEx truck!! Here I am boohoo-ing with the poor FedEx guy I almost attacked!




We can't even believe we hold in our hands the very "package" we've waited on for almost 29 months! Our "baby" is in there...




We waited on Phillip to get home, so that we could open it together. We let Peyton have the honors, so here he is getting ready to rip that thing open...drumroll please...




Peyton got the first look! He broke out in the sweetest giggle, saying, "Awww..."










Look out boys, we are girlS (plural) now!!!



Proud Daddy sees his little girl for the first time...



Here we are showing off her pictures...



Then, we proudly posted her photos on our blog...



At 2:30, Tyler got home and laid eyes on his little sister for the very first time...





Tyler is smitten!



Well, Dad came home bearing gifts already on Referral Day. This is her first outfit given to her by one of Phillip's patients, who is also an adoptive mom. Here it is...And Phillip begs, "Please, keep 'em coming!" :)



Actually, this is the very first gift received for little Macy Li Ming Kemp. My friend, Angela Thompson, brought this sweet little picture frame and verse over just seconds after we ripped open THE package!



Here, Phillip is signing China's form which tells them we "accept" Miss Gan Li Ming from the Jianxi Social Welfare Institution in the Jiangxi Province of China!! Are you kidding me? We can't live without her!




And finally, here I am at FedEx at 7 pm, sending my Acceptance Letter and "Letter of Seeking Confirmation from Adoptee" forms back to my agency in McLean, Virginia who will then, forward them back to The China Center of Adoption Affairs in Beijing.



Whew, what a day! I'll never, ever forget June 10th, 2008 for as long as I live!

15 comments:

JimHouser said...

Congratulations to the Kemps! Jim and I are reading your blog with tears, remembering when we received that same folder from AWAA with Katie's pictures. Your Macy is in the same province as Katie was! We will have to talk before you go about your stay in Nanchang. We are thrilled for you all.

-Jim and Sarah Houser

JimHouser said...

By the way, Jim says that is his office's "fedex guy" so he's going to be letting him know that he is an internet sensation now :).

Mary said...

Awww....I just sat here and bawled my eyes out. Thanks! :)

Congratulations. She is just so beautiful!!! Your family is gorgeous!!!

Mary -- One Blessed Family on RQ
www.oneblessedfamily.com/blog

Carla said...

Awww, what a GREAT post! I'm a AWAA SN mom and visiting from RQ. She is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hello from another AWAA Tennessee and Jiangxi mom! I love how you took pictures of every detail of the day. Our referral day was somewhat chaotic and I don't think we have any pictures. I'm going to bookmark your site and I can't wait to follow your journey to China. Best wishes!

Amy Lafayett said...

Oh, I just cried and cried when I looked back at your day on this post. How precious it is. She is a peach. The girls think she is a doll too. Addison has been asking about what it means to adopt and it has been so sweet to tell her all about Macy and how she will come to be a Kemp! I love it everytime you post. . . so neat to be able to keep up with right where you all are in the process! We are praying for your trip already!
Amy

Mommy said...

Your beautiful post made me cry! May you be blessed with much pink in your currently blue life. Most of all, may God bless you with peace and patience over the next few weeks as you wait to bring home your precious daughter. Congratulations!

Tracy Brothers said...

Oh Rhonda I am so happy for you! I have tears in my eyes. We hope to see you all soon. The Brothers

Kim said...

I just came from Gwens blog. Oh my goodness she is a beauty! Congratulations! I can't wait to watch your journey! I would love to see the video of Nolan receiving the good news. I'm so excited for your family!
Kim

Jodee said...

Congratulations on your referral! She is one beautiful baby! Love those cheeks!

Sha Seig said...

Well, I want you to know that TEARS are just a rollin' down my cheeks right now! I am sooooo happy for ya'll. She ia an absolute China Doll !

Kim said...

I have loved reading this--it is so encouraging for us as we wait! The excitement is felt in our home as we read about your wonderful day!!!

We will continue to pray for you guys as you prepare for Macy and the trip!

I'm sure your boys are so thrilled with a little sister to protect and love! She will be a blessed little girl!

Thanks for sharing your day with us!

Bobbie said...

congratulations..referral day is so exciting!!

Wife of the Pres. said...

CONGRATULATIONS from another AWAA family! I would recognize that folder anywhere! Your daughter is beautiful!!! Though we have our referral, we don't have our folder just yet. We are adopting our little girl through the SN program. She is 2 1/2. We CANNOT wait to bring her home. We are on Day 31 now of the wait for our referral acceptance (not that I am counting! LOL). Congrats again. (I found your blog via Gwen's post on her blog.)
Leslie
youbelong.net/theirwins

Lynn said...

Congratulations! She is just precious!