Monday, June 9, 2008

WE HAVE A DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE GOT THE CALL!!!! Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!

Well, we finally got the call from our agency this morning at 10:35. Our Macy is "Gan Li Ming." WOW! And we were going to name her MACY LI !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The name we chose was already chosen for her! She was born June 30th, 2007, so she's 11 months old now. As of March 20, 2008, she weighed 9 kilograms. Her height is 68 cm. Head circumference is 42 cm. Chest 43 cm. I have no clue what that translates to be in pounds/inches! She is in the Jianxin Social Welfare Institution in Jiangxi Province. We haven't received her picture yet, but we'll get it in the morning with the entire package of her bio., medical info., etc. that is being translated today. The lady who called me from the agency said she has just a bit of wispy hair on top of her head, and is scowling :) in both her pictures. Phillip said, "Well, we know then that she'll be a perfect fit in this family!'' Haha.....We are all beyond excited! We called Nolan at Kanakuk and he's beside himself too! I'll post more later after I calm down. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him. 1Samuel 1:27



8 comments:

Daddy's Girls said...

I never thought we would have a chance to raise kids together, with the boys being so far along when I got around to having kids; but it is so cool....Our Daughters will be playmates- how weird does that sound!! What a perfect combination, 3 boys and 3 girls now! That little Macy Li was, is and will be in our prayers---I cannot wait until you get your hands on the little Blessing that the Lord has sent our whole entire family! Love ya, Sissy

Amy Lafayett said...

Hallelujah! And her name. . . how precious that Li was already part of it! God is sooo good. And your sister's comment was so sweet - you all will get to raise your kids together! What a blessing all the way around. We are thrilled for the whole family. Can't wait to see her picture, little scowl and all! Her scowl will turn to sunshine when you and Phillip and those boys get their arms around her! We are rejoicing with you.

Rhonda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I agree, you'll turn that frown upside down for sure. Our daugther didn't smile and had the most soulful eyes. Now the just dance.

The meaning of her Chinese name matched the meaning of the English name we selected.

God is so good!

Twinangel at RQ

tara said...

YIPPPPPEEEEE!!!!

Congratulations! I can't wait to see her picture! How Exciting!

Tara

Gigi said...

OK, this is the most fun thing I have heard ALL day! The Lord is so good! Macy Li is such a testimony of the Lord's perfect timing and His attention to all details! I am celebrating with you all!

Kim said...

I am rejoicing with you!!! I was hoping you would hear something today! I'm so excited to be following along on your journey to Macy! I'll be checking back for pictures!

Sandy said...

Oh, Rhonda!!! We are laughing and crying and rejoicing with you! Of course your bush would bloom pink for you! Is anything impossible for our Father? Doesn't He just love to surprise us in unexpected ways? All the Marrero's say, "Bring on the PINK!!! It's time to celebrate!" Hugs to you all. Sandy and family

Sha Seig said...

Praise the Lord!. That little Macy hasn't the foggiest that she has just become the luckiest little girl on planet Earth! I can't wait to hear story after story of Macy and her escapades while sitting on the beach with you each spring. Bimini and the boys will surround her with so much love and brotherly protection! I'm so happy for all of you! - Sha Sha