Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Macy Li's "Bai Jia Bei"

A few fabrics have now been sent for Macy Li's "100 Good Wishes Quilt." Several of you have asked questions about this, so I thought you might like to see an example. This particular one was sent by my friend, Connie Stowers-The Quilting Queen!



So, don't be intimidated by the fact that she's already sewn hers' into this "block" as she calls it. Now, I have no clue what a block is, but apparently quilters do. I just know that it's beautiful! Thank you, Connie!!!! (Good thing I'm not the seamstress for the quilt!)

Basically, you just send an 8 X 8 inch square of any fabric you choose. Yes, that's all the fabric we need. Along with the fabric, you'd send Macy Li a "good wish" (or blessing, prayer, scripture verse, etc.). On this paper where you write your blessing, please attach a small sample of your quilt fabric so that one day when Macy Li grows older, she can go back to her "100 Good Wishes Quilt" book, read all her wishes and be able to identify who sent which square of fabric in her quilt. More details and pictures are in the post below, entitled "100 Good Wishes Quilt." Please e-mail me if you need my address, or you have questions.

I'm working on a link over in the sidebar where you'll be able to go and see all the fabrics as they arrive, and hopefully it'll all begin to make a little more sense. I've had so many questions, that I feel like I haven't explained this well enough. Also, here are a few more examples of what others have done...







For those of you just coming to this blog, you can read about the Chinese tradition of the "100 Good Wishes Quilt" in the May posts.

Thank you to everyone who's expressed interest! This will bless me greatly, but more importantly, it'll be a tangible representation to Macy Li of all those who loved, prayed for, and welcomed her into our family!


4 comments:

Gigi said...

Sweet Kemp family,
I LOVE all the pink in the Kemp household!! Too much fun for Miss marvelous Macy Li. The quilt reminds me how the Lord is weaving her life's journey together, starting in China and coming HOME to Brentwood,TN. " for this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of His will though all spiritual wisdom and understanding" Col 1:9
lots of hugs!

Anonymous said...

Rhonda,
I am 21 years old from western kentucky and God has given me a heart for adoption. I get so excited each month when families get to see their babies for the first time. I found your blog on RQ and just fell in love with it. I love all the girlieness( is that a word?) I just wanted to send a congratulations on your referral and wish nothing but the best for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is wonderful!!!! I am so thankful I found you.

Have a blessed day,

Krista

Mama P said...

I'm sure all of your faithful blogger fans would love to see pictures of Macy Li's nursery.....with 3 boys and finally a little girl, I can only imagine how frilly and fun her room is! Can you post some pictures?