Monday, August 18, 2008

Back to school!

Today, the boys went back to school! Big fat bummer! They only had to go a half-day, so Mommy took me over to see all the kids at dismissal...

Here is my friend, Shaohannah...
My family fell in love with her 8 years ago when she came home from China, then her parents relentlessly prayed for the "Spririt of Adoption" to capture my mommy and daddy's heart. Well, God hears and answers the prayers of His people, you know?! Her mommy told my mommy for years that she was her "burning bush" and that my mommy had better listen to God when He calls you.... and the rest is history! I'm so thankful for Shaoey, because she was the first chapter of my story....When I flew home from China, she and my older 2 brothers were the very first people I got to hug at the airport!

And here I am with a few more of my awesome and darling Asian peeps...


And here is my brother, Tater, with his sidekick, Caleb...


Here I am hangin' with the teen crowd...This is Kate, who is going to babysit me soon. Don't tell her, but I plan to really pull on that beautiful hair of hers'...


After school, we went to see my grandmother, who we call "Goggin" (long story). She had surgery last Wed. to fuse her ankle bones together. Now, that's another big fat bummer! She's laid up for a looooong time, so we had to pay her a little visit...


While we were visiting, we had a picnic...That is my Great-Aunt Peggy Sue in the background...


Here is my 99-year-old Great Grandmother...We call her "Granny Grunt" (another long story)...


And here is my Papa Jackson...I wanted my mommy at this moment...


I LOVE french fries and Diet Coke!...






And here I am praisin' the Lord!



After our visit, we took Peyton to football practice and now Mommy and I are cooking lasagna for all the boys when they get home!

Another great day!

Love,
~Macy Li

14 comments:

Les said...

Tell Peyton that I love his first day of school shirt!!

Kim said...

What a GREAT Day...
Looks like LOTS of fun...
Macy Li always has the most beautiful dresses on...
And the little stuffed animal with her name on it.. You have to tell where you got that..
It is adorable..
Have a Great Week..

Emily said...

Happy First Day of School! Do you by any chance know the Howard family (Ben, Gwen, Patrick, Andrew, Caroline?) They are friends of ours from Nashville--I think their kids still go to CPA. I also wonder if you know the Henrys (Tracy and Becky-who adopted Caroline). They were members of our church where my husband was an assistant minister. I am still continually praying for you family from Los Angeles. My husband and I have been praying about adoption for the last several months and I stumbled upon your blog and have been so inspired. Your journey has brought me many smiles (and some tears of happiness---I think you made that Fed Ex guy's career!) I recently read "The Lost Daughters of China" and am very eager to adopt in the future. Unfortunately, I still have another 4 1/2 years before I am age eligible---but we have plenty of time! I hope to continue to follow your family's journey in the future!
~Emily (emily.vanvoorhis@gmail.com)
www.joyofcooking.wordpress.com

Shelly and Family said...

Oh she is truly beautiful!!! I so love all the photos! And I too love the dress she is wearing!

Francesca favorite food once we arrive home to was F-Fers. too!

Anonymous said...

I just wish Macy Li had some cute dresses! Oh My ... she is so beautiful and obviously thriving in her forever family. I remember you saying you had seen Jesus when you first laid eyes on her in China ... well I think if she had the words she would say it was like looking in a mirror ... her smile reflecting Jesus on each of your faces!
Love & Blessings!
Kim Miller

Talisa Cowden said...

Oh how I love watching her bloom! I have loved her since day one and now I love watching her pure joy! You all look so incredibly complete. Mercy how I thank God for the blessing of your hearts and your willingness to share it.
Blessings and joy!
talisa

Anonymous said...

Sweet Macy Li. Your blog is THE BEST!! Thank you so much for sharing your days with all of us in blogland. It brings such joy and hope to those ofus waiting to meet our sweet mei meis.

Adrienne in TX
LID 4-20-07

Kim said...

Sounds like little Macy Li is doing so well! It is wonderful to see how God has blessed you so much and made the transition for her such an easy thing.

It is obvious her family loves her so much and there is great security in that!

The first day of school brings back lots of fun memories for me when my 2 older ones were in school. Those are fun times, but kinda bittersweet as they grow up before your eyes! I hope all 3 guys have a great year!

Macy Li is just a living doll...you already know that, right?

Blessings to your sweet family,
Kim

Lori said...

Hi Rhonda,
I love your blog! You have a beautiful family. I just sent you an email.

Have a blessed day!
Lori

jennifer said...

In a round about way, Shaoey is the first part of our adoption story too. It was an interview her daddy did with Dr. Dobson right after they brought Shaoey home that planted that seed in my heart. I wish I could find a copy of it. I would love to hear it again.

Jboo said...

You and your Mom are so busy!! Wow -- your Mom must be pretty amazing to keep up with you and your brothers! Have a fun week!

Janet

Gigi said...

Macy Li, look at all the joy you bring to soo many! From little bitty to more experienced in life, the response is the same...you are loved and adored and you remind us of the the love the Father has given to us! i am going to need to see you again really soon! hugs and keep prasin' the Lord!

Wife of the Pres. said...

Hi Rhonda, She is so beautiful! I followed your journey to China; thanks for letting me tag along! I just wanted to say too, that your posts are just precious!

We are so anxious to get our little girl home! 100 days today since we saw her sweet face! Hopefully that TA will be here SOON and AWAA can get us there next month! Well thanks for sharing and I miss my boys too! School starts so early now.
:) Leslie

Anonymous said...

Macy Li!
You keep singing and praising Jesus with your daddy. But, sweetheart, it would be best if you would not take after the way he crams french fries and diet coke...I saw that picture. Follow after your mom for that kind of stuff and don't take after those hairy-legged boys!

You are loved in Kansas,
Rusty