Monday, August 11, 2008

Southern Girls love them some Blue Bell!


Listen up, tots, I've got some tips for you...

See these pictures below of me having my very first Blue Bell mini-country-cone...all to myself?! Well, let me tell you how you, too, can score yourself one of these delicious little treats!

First, it's all in the timing. You've got to wait until your mommy is bringing up a car-load of groceries from the garage at about 6pm, putting steaks on the grill, chopping up a salad, boiling a pot of tea, her cell phone and home phones are ringing off the hook, the UPS man is ringing the door-bell, your dog is trying to jump up in the back of the car to get the groceries not brought in yet, your brothers are calling home saying they're completely starved, your mommy has just finished her 2nd large Tazo Tea from Starbucks and STILL hasn't been to potty, your daddy is at a ball-practice and that's when you do it...you move in for the kill!

Go jump on your little car or scooter and get your little feet to "paddling" as fast as they'll go....Head for anything dangerous you can find...For me, these worked miracles: the top of a free-falling hardwood staircase, an open bin of dog-food in the pantry, electrical cords, and the steak-knives I grabbed out of the open dishwasher. As your mommy says, "Don't you even think about it!" you shoot her a look that says, "Oh, yes I will plunge myself down this staircase!" And I promise you, it'll work everytime! She'll throw all caution to the wind, put you in your high-chair and run straight to the freezer, where the bounty awaits!

That Turkey & Rice, Sweet Potatoes and Prune dinner was way overrated anyway!

Let me know how it works for ya!

~Macy Li















16 comments:

Kim said...

Looks YUMMY!!!!
Great job..
Have a Great Week...

Daddy's Girls said...

Cousin Maggie Leigh must have taught her more than I thought when we were there! : )) Love, Aunt Sissy

Kim said...

Too cute! Sounds like a plan!

jennifer said...

Too funny!

Bamawhitney said...

Love it! The Bluebell is the only way to go! Way out here in Arizona fine dining establishments love to rave about the fact that they serve Bluebell! How funny is that!!

Denise said...

You are one smart little girl!

Anonymous said...

Feed that girl some sausage balls, chick! Remember, pork is your friend!

Anonymous said...

Now Macy Li...does spoiled rotten fit into your vocabulary anywhere? Go for it, Girl! How else are you going to get any attention? HAHA Love, Connie S

Jodee said...

Love the messy face pictures!

Shelly and Family said...

Hi...I found your blog from Gwen and I have been following you along since coming home from China (and I also when back and checked out your post from China...) We are currently waiting for our LOA for our 2nd daughter Annabelle Faith who is currently waiting for us in Beijing. Reading your blog and just seeing your precious little girl, brings back so many memories and makes me want to be there right now. Thank you for letting me in your special journey...
Sincerely,
Shelly in PA

Gigi said...

Well, Macy Li, I went to bed thinking about how very cute you are! I thought you have learned several important things to survive in this boy-filled world! First and foremost, timing is everything. You have the second already conquered, presentation goes a long way. The timing was perfect for the ice cream cone. This is always a good time of day to have the extra touches added to you from those who so adore you! Here's hoping for more Blue Bell!

Cindi said...

YUM YUM , Macy Li! Now, will you teach Ahna how to scarf down one of those?!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am a waiting mom with a LID date of 2/14/06. I have been following your blog (got link from RQ) and your posts are hilarious! I hope my daughter is half as cute as Macy Li!

RamblingMother said...

Oh you are so out smarted by that sweetest baby who can do no wrong, heh!

Anonymous said...

Just caught up on your blog from when you arrived home. How fabulous your life is! And what a blessing for all of you that Macy Li has arrived! There will never be a dull moment (were there, anyway?)at your house! You are a gifted writer, Rhonda. Keep it up so we can picture life in the Kemp household. Love you all, Teresa Bachman

Anonymous said...

We've been out of town for a few days and I was so excited to return home and read your updates. Family, friends, football, swimming, and blue bell ... life is good! Your attitude in the joyful chaos that comes with everyday life in a big family is addicting! Thanks for sharing & inspiring!
Love & Blessings,
Kim & Tyler Miller
John Austin, Matthew, Jackson, Sam & Lucy