Sunday, August 24, 2008

Macy Li's Shower...

It's pitiful that it's taken so long for me to get this on here (I've been hounding my "blogging assistant" ;) to get these photos from his computer for this little slideshow below), but a group of my fabulous friends and my sister put together the most beautiful celebration for Miss Macy Li 4 days before we left for China! It was a "pink extravaganza" for sure! The decorations were beautiful, the table and food were delicious, the gifts were beyond description, the blessings written glorified our great God: the Author of Adoption, the givers were oh-so-generous, and most of all...the receivers were quite humbled!

We were in awe of how many people came to honor her (right smack in the middle of the summer vacations, etc.) and Macy Li received more incredible gifts than I can even describe! (I'm STILL writing thank you notes, if that tells you anything!)

To my sweet friends (and sister) who put this together in record time, I love every one of you!!! Your friendships are dear. One day when Macy Li is older and I can show her this, I do believe she'll marvel at how she was celebrated and loved before a single one of us even knew her! Now, that's a testament of God's unconditional love towards us!

XIE XIE and WO AI NI from all of us!!!!!!!!!

"A friend loveth at all times..." Proverbs 17:17



11 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

That looks like so much fun! I can't believe how pretty it all is. You are indeed blessed . . .

jennifer said...

What sweet, beautiful friends. I love that your hubby was in pink too!

Those boys are so handsome, the girls must be swarming around them!!

Kim said...

Looks like a WONDERFUL party...
Have a GREAT Week..

Gwen Oatsvall said...

it was an amazing shower for an amazing little angel .. she deserved it all ...i do need to get my hands on her and i need to talk to you about writing for the book ... all my blog friends adore your writing and say you have to write your story for my book ...

love ya girl !!!

Amy said...

Rhonda, we have been following your blog since just before you left for China. Your family is precious and an inspiration for all. May you continue to be blessed. Amy and family (LID China 06.19.08)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful shower that your friends had for your family and Macy Li!!
All of the pics of your friends were so special and really showed that they mean so much to you all. :)

Gigi said...

I need to catch up with Miss Cutie Pie. We have been visiting our favorite cadet so I am a little behind on Macy Li news. Oh, the shower looks like it was such a beautiful time for all. I am so sad I had to miss! We have her welcome present I need to bring by soon! This wonderful occasion reminds me of how we can't out give God. He is so good, all the time! Showers of hugs!

Adele said...

Oh what a beautiful shower! I love that your whole family was there. Your boys are so handsome!
I can tell that you were loving every minute of your sweet shower for Macy. I love the idea of everyone signing her referral picture. What a priceless treasure. Also, I LOVE your blog. May I add it to my blogroll?

Kim said...

How wonderful!!! I love the referral picture idea! What a precious keepsake! I'm so glad you could be blessed so much by friends and family...those times are very sweet!

Kim said...

Okay .... Macy Li must be having sooo much fun..
Where are you guys...
miss ya..
Hope all is well and you are probably having the time of your life...
Hugs..

Tracy Brothers said...

How wonderful to see all those familiar faces. Wish I could have been there to celebrate with you.