Thursday, August 21, 2008

One Month Since "Gotcha Day"

Wow! We've had our "Li Ming" exactly one month today! July 21st, 2008, in some ways, seems an eternity ago...and yet, it seems like yesterday at the same time. One thing is certain, that day forever changed this family! We became 6 that day, and SO much more...Our hearts discovered depths we didn't know existed before that day. We found deeper love. We found deeper gratitude. We found less of ourselves. We found a deep connection with the people of China. We found out that DNA has NOthing to do with loving your child. We found a deeper knowledge of God Himself. We found we're all desperately in need of adoption!

July 21st, 2008...Nanchang, Jiangxi, China..."Gotcha Day"


August 21st, 2008...Brentwood, Tennessee, U.S...."Forever Home"


Ephesians 1:5
"He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will."



Macy Li's thoughts:

Today, we had a great "One Month Since Gotcha Day" anniversery! We did laundry...


Now I know what Mommy means when she says she's up to her eyeballs in laundry!...


There MUST be someway to escape this!...


Or, I could just throw it all on the floor!...


But I think I'll just sit here oh-so-cutely and listen to her sing "O, How I Love Jesus" to me for the one-millioneth time while she does it all herself!...


Later, I organized Mommy's bathroom drawers...


Then, I had my first crash when I drove my car from the kitchen into the den, which is down one step! (Maybe 'cause I was so focused on hanging onto my yeast roll!) What did Mommy do? Call 911? Panic? Rush me to the pediatrician? Even see about me? NOOO, she ran to get her camera! Only after she'd captured the memory did she pick me up! "4th kids" get crappy service around here!


This afternoon, I "pruned" my Mom's flowers...






Fu "Ming" Chu...


Dreamin' of tomorrow! Life is good!...


~Macy Li

14 comments:

Jboo said...

Congrats on your one month anniversary! Wow -- you can see the changes in your baby girl in such a short amount of time. She has truly blossomed, hasn't she! Enjoy your sweet little girl!

Janet

Amy Lafayett said...

That smile is priceless!

Kim said...

Happy 1 month.. doesn't seem real.. time sure does fly by when you are having fun...
LOVE that smile..
she is adorable...
I see she loves that little animal with her name..
Have a Great Weekend..
Hugs..

Anonymous said...

What an incredible month! So many blessings! Not the least of which is the change in the face of that cherub! From "Who are you and why are you smiling so big at me?" to "I have the best family ever!"

Blessings, Connie S.

jennifer said...

How cute it that? Congratulations on 1 month! That's a true blogger mom to take a picture first. Too funny!

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary! She looks so happy in all of her pictures. She is adorable!

Anonymous said...

You guys are blessed beyond words! That is a beautiful, happy little girl you have there!
I don't think she could get any cuter!
I am enjoying watching her grow in your (& God's) love!

Christi in Mississippi
christicave@comcast.net

Cindi said...

LOVE the pic of her in the middle of the clothes, with that ginormous grin! You can tell that girl is soakin' up the love!

Denise said...

Congrats on one month together!

We too are amazed at our love for a little girl born so far away...she is ours, completely!

Macey just brings a smile to my face every time I visit here...I can't keep myself away~

Anonymous said...

As if those joyful smiles don't say it all ... you have put to words what I wish every family considering adoption could read and trust as truth! Hope to see you all again soon! Happy One Month Anniversary!

Love & Blessings,
Kim Miller
kim3bmiller@comcast.net

sheryl said...

Happy 1 month! I have been following your blog since your referral and your family has totally captured my heart! Macy Li is absolutely precious and THRIVING, as are you! Thank you for sharing your joy with the rest of us!

Sheryl

Anonymous said...

I love the Fu "Ming" Chu pic! Beautiful. Our little Joshua's body weight has increased almost 10% in the first month...yep, our boy can eat! If you have anything in your cabinet you're not planning to consume, send it our way.

Love you guys,
Rusty

Kim said...

One month? Already? Congratulations! I'm sure you are wondering what you ever did before Macy LI? What a wonderful addition to an already very special family! (I know, I don't actually know you, but I can tell!)

Blessings to you all!

RamblingMother said...

she is adorable. can't be mad at her with that grin!!